These days, people seem to obsess so much about losing weight. There is just some kind of pressure tugging everyone to get fit and look fit. There are so many ways to do to lose weight, most of which involve either working out or taking slimming pills.
Losing weight the natural way is always your best bet. In doing so, one must focus on his metabolism and how to speed it up. Boosting your metabolism can be possible by regular exercise and many hours of sleep. If you have been doing those two for quite some time now but still do not see enough results, try working metabolism-boosting foods such as the following.
- Spicy peppers not only speed up metabolism, but can also get rid of your cravings. Spicy peppers have capsaicin, which stimulates our bodies’ pain receptors. It increases and improves blood circulation, and also helps regulate metabolic rates.
- Choose from cayenne, habanero, or jalapeno. You can include them in your food, as it could be not likely for people to consume them on their own.
- Peppers directly boost metabolism. Several studies have shown that eating hot peppers actually boost metabolism up to 25%. The spike, or sweating after eating can last up to 3 hours.
- Egg whites are known to be rich in amino acids. These amino acids are said to be branched-chain, which are found to keep one’s metabolism boosted.
- Eggs have protein and vitamin D, too. We all know that an egg is among the most nutritious super foods we can always have access to. What’s best about eggs is that there are countless dishes we can do to make sure we consume enough for the recommended daily serving.
- Caffeine has long been known to have antioxidants that are good for the health. There have been a decent number of studies and researches that show how caffeinated coffee improves metabolism up to 16%.
- Choose caffeinated. Decaf coffee reportedly do not have the same good effect on a person’s metabolism. So go ahead, have that caffeinated cup for breakfast and feel its positive metabolic effect on your body.
Pears and apples
- For best results, eat organic apples and pears. Organic apples are not hard to find and are among the most widely available fruits in supermarkets and grocery stores. Make sure you stock them up in your pantry for an even easier access.
- Research shows that the fiber in these fruits speeds up both weight loss and metabolism. Some studies, like one from the State University of Rio de Janeiro for example, even had results where women who consumed at least three small pears or apples per day lose weight faster as compared to those who did not.
- Everyone knows now how healthy green tea is. Green tea extract has rich antioxidants that can help your body fight free radicals, including the dreaded carcinogens. Since we cannot fully avoid eating food with preservatives, it is wise to have something in your diet that can flush out the free radicals.
- It is delicious and also very widely available. No need to endure something that does not taste good to be healthy. Green tea is yummy enough that you will simply love to have it every day. Apart from speeding up your metabolism, it also gets rid of your body’s toxins. You get so much benefit from a drink.
- It has EGCG. It is a type of plant compound promoting fat burning. You lose weight, have your metabolism boosted, and improve overall wellness.
- Not everyone knows that milk can speed up your metabolism. On the contrary, people even believed milk makes you fat. It does, the full cream variety does. Stick to the nonfat milk and you are good to go.
- The calcium in milk helps the body burn fat. Remember that you are after the calcium found in the milk, which is not affected at all no matter how much fat is in the milk itself. Even nonfat milk has the same amount of calcium as the others.
- Not a fan of drinking milk? You can also get your calcium intake from dairy products including cheese, butter, and even ice cream. They have the nutrient you need to boost up your body’s metabolic rate.
- Like milk, broccoli is rich in calcium. Calcium is a weight-reduction nutrient that also helps in boosting metabolism to burn fat.
- It is also packed with other nutrients. Broccoli is chockful of folate, as well as vitamins, A, C, and K. A serving can bring you all these nutrients, and it does not take rocket science to find them. You can find them in the nearest groceries, and can work them up in your daily meals.
- Broccoli is also rich in dietary fiber. Dietary fiber helps your body flush out toxins that are not needed at all. It burns your fat faster, and also detoxifies your body.
- Switch from white rice to brown rice. Whole grains take less processes before they get packed, so they are healthier. They are fuller of nutrients that can help speed metabolism and also regulate sugar levels.
- Stock up your pantry of oatmeal and quinoa. Together with brown rice, they make up a group called slow-release carbs, which provide your body with long-lasting energy. Unlike foods with too much sugar, they offer energy without the spikes.
- Go for energy without the spikes.Spikes tell your body that you have to store extra fat, which is what we do not want at all. Go for whole wheat bread and all things natural, instead of white rice and white bread for best results.
To lose weight does not always mean you have to starve yourself and go on impossible diets. It does not mean you have to settle for bland smoothies to make sure you do not gain extra fat.
Sometimes, the key is to make sure you eat a balanced diet with nutritious food. Research on each food’s nutritional value, and also consume food that you know can fill you up but would not stock unwanted fat in your body.
The foods mentioned above all help your body have a faster metabolism. Work them up in your daily diet, and remember to also keep up on regular exercise and good sleeping habits.Top